Welcome to this episode of Jack Chat and another tiny lesson in leadership, straight up.
In this episode, we’re going to continue the conversation about culture from the previous episode. You may recall I told you that leaders animate culture – they bring it to life. So, let’s animate!
I love being in this animated world! I feel like I can make anything happen.
(Off camera voice: FREE donuts for everyone!)
Yes! Now… back to culture…
As a leader, this is uniquely YOUR job. People always watch the leader – your words and actions have a disproportionate impact on what it feels like to work in your organization.
So… you can either be a great example and animate the desired culture or you can… *Snap*…kill the desired culture by:
- Failing to see it as a priority. Remember… culture eats strategy for breakfast.
- Letting toxic behaviors go unaddressed or poorly addressed.
- Not listening to how others are experiencing the culture.
Here are a few self-reflection questions to look more closely at how you are animating or killing the desired culture of your organization:
- How is the desired culture of my organization evident in…
- The way I treat others every day?
The behaviors I reward?
The decisions I make?
The people I hire?
- How might my behaviors be killing my organization’s desired culture?
Give those questions some thought… and join me again for another chat!